Friday 18 July 2014

Chettinad Scrambled Eggs




I love flavours from the South of Indian and I am a die hard fan of Chettinad Cuisine, the complexity of spices the cuisine entails and well, the peppery zing, The sight of mustard, curry leaves and Urad Dal spluttering in hot oil gets my heart racing and the aroma leaves me salivating like a dog. So, it goes without saying that this is one of my favourite ways to make scrambled eggs. It's something I tried only recently and have been hooked ever since.

Ingredients 

Eggs - 2 
Curry leaves - 4-5
Urad dal - 1/4 tsp 
Mustard - 1/4 tsp 
Finely chopped onions - 3 tbsp 
Finely chopped green chilies - 2 
A pinch of turmeric powder 
Fresh cracked pepper 
Salt to taste 
Oil 


Method 

Whisk the eggs with salt, pepper and turmeric powder.

Heat oil in a pan and add the the curry leaves, mustard seeds and urad dal.

Once the mustard splutters and the dal turns golden, add the chopped onions and green chilies. Fry for about half a minute and add the whisked eggs.

Scramble with a light hand, do not stir vigorously. Take off heat once cooked, but still soft.

Serve on toast or roled in a chapati! 

No comments:

Post a Comment