Saturday 31 August 2013

First impression matters


So, this recipe is from some time ago. It was the first time I was calling my 'then new' colleagues to my place and I was frantic. While the main course was easy to decide, I couldn't decide on the canopies. Time was a constraint and I had pledged to cook everything myself. Besides, I had an impression to make.

That's when I thought up this recipe. Deviled eggs can be done in oh-so-many ways, but this is how I like them. A quick and easy recipe.A Caesar-ish dressing and the eggs with a tangy and sweet twist added by the cherries and the flavour of fresh parsley.

P-style Deviled Eggs

Ingredients
Boiled eggs (cut into halves, length wise): 10 
Parsley: a few sprigs
Cherries: 75 g (pitted and sliced) 

For the dressing
Mayonnaise: 4tbsp 
Dijon Mustard: 2 tbsp
Olive oil - 2-3 tbsp
Garlic paste - 1 tsp 
Anchovy paste (optional) 
Fresh crushed pepper 
Salt to taste
A squeeze of lemon
 
Method
Scoop out the yolk from the eggs without damaging the white. Keep the whites aside. 
In a blender put mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, anchovy paste, lemon juice and blend well. Then stream in the oil and the add the crushed pepper and mix. 
Now with a fork mash the egg yolks and add the dressing to it. Mix well together and keep. (It's not necessary to use the entire dressing, you might put it according to your taste.)
Now take scoops of this mixture and top the egg whites, right where the yolks were. 
Arrange it on a plate and garnish it with chopped cherries and parsley. 
Looks great and tastes awesome. 

They look pretty happy after having it, don't they? In fact, this rather innocuous dish turned out to be the star of the evening.


PS. You can also add some grated Parmesan to the dressing. Also you could use cilantro instead of parsley, I prefer parsley though.

No comments:

Post a Comment