Tuesday 8 October 2013

Badam Pesta diye Murgir Korma - Pujo special


I am sorry for not being able to post yesterday. The rain and the traffic had me stay in office till late, and all my plans went awry. Besides, my camera's charger has been stolen and I have been rather disturbed. If I tell you how, you'll think I am a fool. Oh yes I am.

Anyway, I am back today with another special family recipe. It's chicken kurma but done a little differently. So while the usual recipe has almond or cashew nuts and almond, this one has pistachio in it. It has a sweet tinge and tastes pest with crisp parathas (I am biased towards crisp parathas or roti.) This recipe is inspired by my grandmother. She had told me about a similar kurma that was prepared at her aunt's when she was only a child. I have made up my version of it. It's a pity my grandmother doesn't eat meat anymore, so I do not know if it's anything close to what she had had.

But this one is worth a try. May be for dinner on Ashtami.
It's very tasty and there are people who will vouch for it.

Badam Pesta diye Murgir Korma


Ingredients


Chicken - 1 kg
Yogurt - 200g
Onion paste - 1 cup
Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder- 1 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Sugar 1 1/2 tbsp
Pistachio paste - 75 gms
Cashew nut paste - 50 gms
Ghee
Nutmeg powder - a pinch
Fresh cream 50 ml

 

Method: 

Marinate the chicken with yogurt, salt and coriander powder for 1- 1 1/2 hours
Heat ghee in a deep pan. Add a pinch of nutmeg powder.
Add onions and fry till it softens and acquires a golden tinge. Now add the ginger and garlic paste.Fry till oil separates. Now add the marinated chicken.
Add sugar, cashew nut and pistachio paste one by one, stir well, and cover and cook on low heat.
One chicken in three-fourth cooked, remove cover and cook till the oil separates, chicken is tender and we have a rich gravy.
Add fresh cream, stir and remove from heat.
Serve with Roti or Pulao


No comments:

Post a Comment