Thursday 13 February 2014

Shorshe Murgi : Mustard chicken


First of all, my apologies. I had promised to bring you 7 special dishes everyday as a run up to V-Day, I got around to posting only two. The thing is while I was making promises here, the Gods were laughing up there. Lovers know all about broken promises, don't they? Anyway so I was quite unwell, fever, an upset stomach and all that jazz and was in no way up to cooking anything. So, I am guilty of breaking a promise. But I am going to try and make up for it.

Now come one, while everyone celebrates Valentine's Day, we could totally celebrate Valentine's Weekend. What fun is a Day. We'll do it big. And entire weekend of celebrating mushy love with some great dishes. Here's another dish that will add a bit of zing to your romantic meal. I was rather surprised to find that mustard is actually an aphrodisiac. And I love mustard and cooking with it. So here's my version of Shorshe Murgi for a zesty Valentine's meal. With piping hot steamed rice, this one will keep you asking for more.


I am also sending this dish for Kolkata Food Bloggers' Valentine special event LOVE ON PLATE : Dinner for two http://kolkatafoodbloggers.blogspot.in/2014/01/love-on-plate.html

http://kolkatafoodbloggers.blogspot.in/2014/01/love-on-plate.html


Ingredients 


Boneless chicken:  750g
Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
Vinegar - 1tbsp
Green chili paste - 11/2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chopped tomatoes - 3-4 small tomatoes
Mustard paste - 1 tbsp
Kasundi - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard oil - 3-4 tbsp
Coriander leaves  - 3-4 tbsp 


Method 


Marinate the chicken with garlic paste, ginger paste, vinegar, green chili paste, turmeric powder and salt for an hour.

Heat mustard oil and fry the chicken on high heat for 5-8 minutes, reduce flame, add chopped tomatoes,  cover and cook until the chicken releases its juices.

Remove cover and cook on medium -low heat until chicken is tender, and the oil separates.

Stir in the mustard paste and the kasundi,. Add chopped coriander leaves, stir through and remove from heat.   

Serve with piping hot steamed rice.



1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. Will definitely give it a try. I've to get hold of some kasundi now :)

    www.happilyspiced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete