Saturday 28 June 2014

Baked Chicken stuffed with Goat's Cheese and Piri Piri chilies with Red Potato Mash


There are days when I cook something, especially when I develop a new recipe, which is appreciated by all and yet I do not feel satisfied. Just a little something missing there, I tell myself. And then there are times I absolutely embarrass myself  turning out disasters on a platter. But again there are days like today, when I make something, no matter how simple, and I am engulfed by a sense of accomplishment. When I feel satisfied. Ummmm...let's say the closest I can get to being satisfied. "Satisfactied" in no time turns into "complacent". That's not where you want to go!

Anyway, so today I made a simple grilled chicken which I had marinated with some garlic and a pinch of cinnamon overnight. And then stuffed it with some goats cheese to which I had added chopped Piri Piri chilies (the pickled-bottled variety) and some dried basil. And then I decided to pair it some mashed potato. At the last moment I changed my mind and replaced the regular potatoes with red potatoes that are sweeter and have this amazing texture I love. I mashed them up skin and all with a little butter, salt, chili flakes and chopped parsley! The juicy garlicky chicken, the tart goat's cheese, the tangy eat of the pickled Piri Piri and the flavour of basil -- they all hit off like a house on fire. And sweet mashed potato was the perfect accompaniment.With a salad on the side, I think it'l make for a pretty balanced and sumptuous meal too. I did use a little butter in the recipe but you can always skip it! .

Here goes the recipe!



Ingredients 

For Cheese and Chili stuffed grilled chicken
Boneless Chicken Breast - 4

For the marinade 
Minced Garlic - 1 clove
Cinnamon powder - a pinch
Salt
Olive to oil

For the stuffing
Goat's cheese - 75 g
Piri piri chilies - 4-5 (chopped)
Dried Basil - 1 tsp

Method

Marinate the chicken with olive oil, salt, cinnamon powder and minced garlic for at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven at 185 degree centigrade. In a bowl mix the goat's cheese, chopped Piri Piri chilies and the basil together.

Insert a knife through the thicker end of the chicken breast horizontally and carefully cut a deep pocket, not cutting through the piece.

Stuff the chicken breast pieces with the cheese, chili and herb mix and press the open edges together.

Line the chicken in a baking tray, place a cube of butter on each piece and bake until the chicken is tender and has a tinge of golden brown.


Ingredients

For the mashed potatoes 

Red potato (boiled) - 1
Finely chopped parsley
Salt and chili flakes to taste
Butter - 1 cube


Method 

Just mash it all up toget. Do not remove the red potato skin,



No comments:

Post a Comment