Monday 26 August 2013

First shot with some chocolate, chili and rum

 I choose to turn a deaf ear to all the hullabaloo about healthy eating. The only determining factor when it comes to what I put in my mouth is TASTE, superlative taste or at least the promise of it.

My relationship with food is a dangerous one. I am obese. No, let's be honest. I am morbidly obese. And one advice I get often is 'Stop eating'. Well,I wont and we'll have to work around it.

For someone like me Good food is like that bad-ass boyfriend amazing in bed and though he can be a little abusive he is too hot to let go. So, yes, my relationship with food is ...well it's complicated and messed up. OK, now I am babbling.

Coming back to food...It's not that I only love to eat, thought it is the part I like the most, I love to cook, feed people, photograph food, write about food and yes, talk about food. I wouldn't mind if every conversation of my life pertains to food. They say there's a DEVILISH flicker in my eyes when I discuss food. I drool too.

Anyway finally I have decided to get blogging...have been contemplating for long though. And I am hoping to take you readers on a epicurean ride aboard a roller-coaster. 

And I thought lets start the journey on a sweet note and hence I decided to share with you the latest sweet goodness I whipped up in my kitchen, only it's not just sweet.

So, Sultry August Sundays are synonymous to boredom. And whenever I am bored I head for the kitchen. Only the heat in the kitchen is unbearable, so now a days I only make desserts in the living room, my mother's incessant ranting notwithstanding. So, yesterday I whipped up a chocolate pudding, a recipe I found on the net (allrecipes.com), but the last thing I am is a pedant in the kitchen (Shall post about the book by the same name soonish) so I took the recipe added a couple of things to it , took away a few things and voila I had made my very own Rum and chili chocolate pudding.


 And here's the recipe!

Rum and chili chocolate pudding 

 Ingredients
1/2 cup plain sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp corn flour
2 cups of milk 
2 tbsp rum (or more)
1 tsp chili flakes (can vary according to your taste)
2 tsp Vanilla extract

Method

1. Mix sugar, corn flour and cocoa in a bowl.
2. Stir in milk little by little so that you have a smooth mix.
3. Microwave the mix for 3 minutes on high.
4. Bring out and stir the mix, whisk it a little.
5. Now put it back in the micro for 1 minute. Bring it out, stir the mix again with a whisk and put it back in the micro for another minute.
6. Repeat step 5 once more (or twice, depending on the consistency you desire)
 7 Finally stir in the vanilla extract, swirl in the rum and sprinkle the chili flakes. Stir lightly and with utmost care.
8. Cool, chill and serve.

BLISS IT IS!!!!!

PS. There could be a rum and raisin version too, I am thinking. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment