Friday 14 March 2014

Methi Fish

 The last few days have been absolutely crazy. Shopping, bargaining, running around,  guests, chaos, dancing and laughing and mindless banter sometimes ending up in tears (you know how it is to be teased), endless eating and funny tummy — It was my little cousin's Upanayan (sacred thread ceremony) and boy was it crazy fun. In fact, the party is still on. But I have been missing this place and I had to post something. I made this the day the first guests arrived last Saturday, my aunt and her daughters. We had been out shopping all day and when we returned I wanted to toss up something special for them. But was I enervated. So it had to be something quick and no fuss. There was fresh Bekti fillet in the fridge and all I needed was a quick marinade.

My aunt, mashimoni, is very fond of the aroma of fenugreek. She loves the methi chicken I make. So I decided that would be the flavour of the evening - Methi. Here goes,...

 Ingredients 

Bekti Fillet - 750 gms
Vinegar - 2-3 tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste - 1tbsp 
Paste of whole dried red chilies (soaked in warm water first) - 2 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds (methi) - 2tbsp (dry roasted)
Curry leaves -  2-3 sprigs
Salt to taste
White oil - 2-3 tbsp 

A few babana leaves

Method

Marinade the fish with all the ingredients, including the fenugreek seeds and curry leaves for about 45 minutes.

Wrap the fish, in batches, in banana leaves, and grill in th oven at 180 degree centigrade for about 30 minutes.

Serve with lime and onion rings.

  And now I am hurrying off to the parlour. The final gala tonight and I am all set. The menu for tonight> KILLER.


No comments:

Post a Comment